Child Health Promotion (0-4 years old)
The Child Health Promotion service is aiming at parents and their children between the ages of 0 and 4.
The main goal of this service is to promote the harmonious development and well-being of children. Its aim is exclusively preventive, medical, social and educational. The service, which is entirely free of charge, is available in many cities throughout the country.
PAI: videoconference training for nurseries and supervisory staff
The individualised support plan (Projet d'Accueil Individualisé - PAI) launched in 2015 aims to improve the support and integration of children with specific health needs in care establishments.
A PAI is a detailed protocol specifying:
• the support conditions
• the actions to carry out
• the medicine to be administered
• the emergency plan to follow
• the first aid techniques to provide help
• the list of contact persons in emergency situations or if there are questions concerning the PAI or the child's health
Video conference training for nurseries and supervisory staff is available on this link. Four topics are offered: allergies, asthma, epilepsy and febrile seizures
The "Info-Santé" exchange sessions offer a chance to discuss chosen subjects in groups.
They take place:
- during consultation hours for infants and young children
- in groups of parents or other relatives
- according to a schedule established and made available to parents
- according to the needs of parents and public health concerns: breastfeeding, diet of pregnant women, baby crying and sleeping, prevention of domestic accidents, development of the senses, etc...
They are organized and run by a team of early childhood professionals. During the pandemic, safety precautions are obligatory and therefore sessions can only be held within social distance. To participate, contact us per e-mail (SPSE@ligue.lu) or per telephone (22 00 99 - 88).
Visit to the Maternity Ward
A visit to the maternity ward is an opportunity to meet young mothers and introduce them to the Child Health Promotion Service (SPSE).
- Meets mothers (parents) during their stay at the maternity ward.
- Gives information and explanations about the SPSE.
- Offers them the various services at their disposal.
- Collaborates with maternity hospitals.
- Identifies the most vulnerable or disadvantaged families in order to provide them with specific support and services.
The purpose of home visits is to prevent, listen, observe, counsel and guide families in their home environment. They enable parents or other relatives to ask questions and express their concerns. Home visits are always conducted by specialized nurses of the SPSE team.
If you would like to fix an appointment, send your request by e-mail (SPSE@ligue.lu) or call the number 22 00 99-1. You will receive appointment proposes by e-mail.
For any information:
2, rue G.C. Marshall
L- 1981 LUXEMBOURG
Tel: 48 83 33-1
Fax: 48 83 37
The Ligue médico-sociale is a partner in European action JANPA - http://www.janpa.eu/